Sunday, May 30, 2010

20 words

1- Suitable: appropriate
Noun
I couldn’t find a suitable gift for my mom.

2- Theory: coherent group of general assumptions
Noun
Darwin’s theory of evolution has no solid proof.

3- Influence: affect
Verb
my teachers influenced me to become a more responsible person.

4- Fund: supply
Verb
In economics, supply and demand are very important in determining prices.

5- Scheme: plan
Noun: The thief’s scheme was to enter from the window.

6- Accomplish: complete
Noun
I feel relieved when I accomplish my assignments

7- Dimension: measure
Noun
I dream of owning a wide dimension horse farm.

8- Responsible:
Adjective
One should be responsible for his own mistakes

9- Administrative: managerial
Adjective
Being able to take right decisions, makes you a managerial boss.

10- Majority: greater part or number
Noun
The majority of people love chocolate.

11- Citizen: native
Noun
Citizens have the right to vote.

12- Population: total number of people living in an area
Noun
The population of the UAE citizens is very low.

13- Foreign: strange
Noun
Foreign languages are taught in most schools in the UAE.

14- Worsen: get worse
Verb
If you don’t go to the doctor, the disease might worsen

15- Biology: study of life
Noun
Biology deals with all living organisms.

16- Environment: surroundings
Noun
Our environment has a large effect on us.

17- Stress: a strain, a pressure.(noun).
I suffer stress during exams.

18- Impose: to place or set (a burden, tax, fine, etc. on or upon) as by authority. Verb.
In the United States the government imposes taxes on the citizens.

19- Consent: to agree (to do something).verb
The principal gave his consent for me to leave the school for two days.

20- Contribute: To give or provide jointly with others; give to a common fund. Verb.
People should contribute with useful ideas and thoughts and pass them to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment